Today on Stateside, St. Patrick's Day arrives just in time to find bars and restaurants closed to revelers because of the coronavirus outbreak. What does that mean for the state's small businesses? Plus, we discuss the philanthropic efforts to meet Michiganders' needs during a prolonged period of social distancing.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
- Brian Calley is the president of the Small Business Association of Michigan and a former Lieutenant Governor.
How two black women entrepreneurs are pioneering Detroit's new cannabis market
- LaToyia Rucker is the president and founder of Calyxeum, a new cannabis business in Detroit.
- Rebecca Colett is the CEO of Calyxeum.
The United Way works to guide SE Michigan residents through COVID-19 outbreak
- Darienne Hudson is president and CEO of the United Way for Southeastern Michigan.
Corktown bars are usually filled with St. Patrick’s Day revelers. This year, they’re silent.
- Paul “PJ” Ryder is the owner of PJ’s Lager House in Detroit.