Today on Stateside, we take a look at the toll the coronavirus pandemic is having on farmers and farm markets. Plus, we hear from the team at Planet Money about the economics of ventilator production in America.
Listen to the full show above, or find individual segments below.
With a massive contract for GM to manufacture ventilators, could Michigan become the Arsenal of Health?
- Daniel Howes is Detroit News business columnist.
Farmers markets and growers fine-tune operations for stay-at-home orders
- Rori Jean Trench is executive director and market manager of Fulton Street Market in Grand Rapids.
- Cynthia VanRenterghem is the executive director of Growing Hope in Ypsilanti.
- Matt Robinson is the general manager of Frog Holler in Ann Arbor.
Students are figuring out how to spend their time, they're frustrated, and they're unsure what's coming next
- With the school year officially over, students are figuring out how to spend their time. They're frustrated, and they're unsure about what's coming next. Students from Community High School in Ann Arbor called our hotline to talk about it.
- This audio postcard was produced by Michigan Radio's Rachel Ishikawa.
- Support for Michigan Radio comes from Michigan Health Endowment Fund and The Children's Foundation.
- Planet Money reported on the economy of ventilators, and how American companies are retooling to increase production of this vital piece of equipment.