Stateside: Protests over police violence; return of sports; graduating high school during a pandemic
Today on Stateside, thoughts from a sociologist and a law professor about the marches in Detroit and Ann Arbor that drew attention to police officers’ use of force against African Americans. We’ll also find out how one charter school operator is preparing for the fall.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
When will sports return? John U. Bacon weighs in. Stateside’s conversation with John U. Bacon
- John U. Bacon is Michigan Radio’s sports commentator.
How charters are thinking about what school will look like this fall
- Robert Kimball is associate vice president for charter schools at Grand Valley State University.
- Rodrigo Lopez-Ruiz is a senior at Wyoming High School in West Michigan.
Protest against police use of excessive force spread to MichiganStateside’s conversation with Alford A. Young and Tracy Brame
- Alford A. Young is a professor of sociology at the University of Michigan. He's also associate director of the University of Michigan's Center for Social Solutions.
- Tracey Brame is a professor and associate dean of Western Michigan University's Cooley Law School campus in Grand Rapids.
Copyright 2021 Michigan Radio. To see more, visit Michigan Radio.