Stateside: Ex-UAW president charged; future of RTA in doubt (again); dismayed Warren supporters
Today on Stateside, former United Auto Workers president Gary Jones has been charged with embezzlement. What does this mean for the future of the union and its members? Plus, Senator Elizabeth Warren has dropped out of the presidential race days before the Michigan primary. Many supporters say they are dismayed, but not surprised, that Warren never caught on with more voters.
Listen to the full show above or find individual conversations below.
How charges against former UAW president could impact union and its members
- Daniel Howes is a columnist and associate business editor with the Detroit News.
Oakland Cty. Republicans scuttle plans to get RTA millage on the ballot
- State Representative John Reilly is a Republican representing parts of Oakland County.
- Warren Evans is the Wayne County Executive.
How big is agriculture industry in Michigan? Probably smaller than you think.
- Charley Ballard is an economist at Michigan State University
- Keith Owens is a resident of Detroit and an Elizabeth Warren supporter.
- Nancy Kaffer is a columnist for the Detroit Free Press.
Copyright 2021 Michigan Radio. To see more, visit Michigan Radio.