Stateside: West MI’s shifting politics; gun rights vs. gun control; comics writer Saladin Ahmed
Today on Stateside, we look at two traditionally Republican congressional districts in West Michigan that are going through political change. Plus, we talk to poet and prose writer Saladin Ahmed, who has made a stellar transition into comic books and written for several iconic Marvel characters.
Listen to the full show above or find individual conversations below.
Rep. Upton says he’ll run again for seat he barely held onto in 2018Stateside's conversation with John Sellek
- John Sellek is CEO of Harbor Strategic Public Affairs.
- Linda Brundage is executive director of the Michigan Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence
Emails show UM investigator pushed prosecutor for months to investigate sexual abuse by doctor
- George Hunter is the crime beat reporter for the Detroit News.
- Saladin Ahmed is a Detroit-area writer and poet who has written comics for several superheroes in the Marvel universe.
Poem from Detroit writer celebrates the rich diversity of the African diasporaA poem from Esperanza Citron
- Esperanza Cintron is a poet and a native Detroiter of Puerto Rican descent.
Copyright 2021 Michigan Radio. To see more, visit Michigan Radio.