Interlochen Arts Academy Festival 2023 on Classical IPR
Celebrate the Interlochen Arts Academy Class of 2023 along with accomplishments of Academy alumni going back to the 1960s!
It's time for Festival at Interlochen Arts Academy!
From Wednesday, May 24 to Friday, May 26, the Interlochen Center for the Arts campus will be buzzing as the Academy year comes to a close.
The annual Arts Academy Festival features all seven arts disciplines (music, film & new media, theater, dance, creative writing, visual arts and interdisciplinary arts) with three days full of concerts, performances, exhibits, screenings, and readings.
The Interlochen campus is open to the public for these events if you'd like to attend in person. Click HERE to view the complete schedule of events.
Classical IPR will also be celebrating Festival on the air Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Every hour, we'll feature Interlochen Arts Academy alumni who have gone on to outstanding professional classical music careers.
Hear music recorded by Interlochen Arts Academy alumni who perform in professional orchestras, who have won Grammy Awards and who have distinguished teaching careers.
If you plan to attend this year's Interlochen Arts Academy Festival in person, please note the following attendance guidelines below:
- Tickets are not required for admission to Festival events held in Corson Auditorium, Kresge Auditorium, MTCAL, and the Dow Center for Visual Arts Gallery.
- Due to high demand and the size of the venue, for events held in Harvey Theatre, Dendrinos Chapel, Phoenix Theatre, DeRoy Center for Film Studies, and the Music Center, tickets can be obtained at the respective performance venue prior to the event. One ticket per person will be issued, and individuals must be present in order to receive a ticket.
- Distribution of tickets at these events will be as follows:
- One hour prior to the scheduled start time, tickets will be given to the families of students performing. Tickets will be given to the families of all other Academy students 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. Remaining tickets will be distributed 15 minutes prior to the performance.
- Five minutes before the performance begins, all unclaimed tickets will be void and empty seats will be filled.
Classical IPR has featured a number of Interlochen Arts Academy students and faculty members in the Studio A podcast this school year - see just a few podcast episodes below!