Kids Commute: Old West Week!
Giddy'up! It's time to ride our horses into the sunset, eat some beans by the fire and get up to no good on the plains. It's Old West Week!
This week on Kids Commute, Kate will walk through how different composers used instruments (and voices!) to create an iconic sound of the wild, wild West through music!
Each day will feature a piece of music such as:
- Movie theme music from Elmer Bernstein's "The Magnificent Seven"
- and Ennio Morricone's "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly"
- the ballet score to Aaron Copland's "Rodeo"
- an orchestral piece by Ferde Grofe taking us to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
- a symphonic band piece by Julie Giroux about a REALLY tall hat
So grab your lasso, your boots and spurs — it's time to ride like the wind!
More from Kids Commute: