Classical IPR in Concert: St. Andrews organ dedication recital with Thomas Bara
St. Andrews Presbyterian Church in Beulah recently held a dedicatory concert for its newly installed Reuter pipe organ.
The organ was originally built by Reuter in 1993.
The 21 rank instrument was housed at a church in Bradenton, Florida, but when that church closed in 2018, the organ became available to St. Andrews.
When Reuter installed the instrument for St. Andrews, it included a new great principal chorus and a redesigned and re-voiced swell division. The current organ has 28 ranks, 22 stops and 1612 pipes.
The organ had been installed in the fall of 2019, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the inaugural recital was postponed until this month.
The recital was presented by Thomas Bara, chair of organ, piano and percussion at Interlochen Arts Academy as well as organist and music director at Central United Methodist Church in Traverse City.
Hear selections from this recent recital on demand below.
Stefan Wiebe engineered the recording with support from Michael Culler.