Stateside: Record unemployment claims; COVID-19 disrupts agribusiness; stimulus checks delays
Today on Stateside, we check in on Michigan’s farm scene and see how food producers are doing amid the pandemic. Plus, how the state unemployment office is handling a huge surge in the number of people applying for benefits.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
As more than 1 million Michiganders file claims, state unemployment office struggles to keep up
- Zach Gorchow is the executive editor and publisher of Gongwer Michigan.
Who gets left out in first round of stimulus checks?
- Terri Friedline is associate professor of social work at the University of Michigan.
Still recovering from a rough year, Michigan farmers face new challenges from COVID-19
- Ernie Birchmeier is the Michigan Farm Bureau’s Manager of Commodity, Farm, and Industry Relations.
- Annie Link is a partner at Swiss Lane Farms in Kent County.
- Dustin Walsh is a reporter for Crain's Detroit Business.
Copyright 2021 Michigan Radio. To see more, visit Michigan Radio.