The Interlochen Collection: Toon Tunes
On this edition of The Interlochen Collection, it’s classical music that you probably recognize from cartoons.
We’ll have guest appearances by Mickey, Daffy, Bugs, Elmer, the Pink Panther, Tom and Jerry, and many others.
Music heard in this episode
- Gioachino Rossini, William Tell Overture; A. Clyde Roller/World Youth Symphony Orchestra (1985)
- Paul Dukas, The Sorcerer's Apprentice; Maximiano Valdes/World Youth Symphony Orchestra (1998)
- Ludwig van Beethoven, Symphony No. 5, Mvt. I; Joshua Weilerstein/World Youth Symphony Orchestra (July 2016)
- Johann Strauss II, Selections from "Die Fledermaus;" Kenneth W. Jewell/Interlochen Arts Academy Choir (1972-73 Academy Year)
- Richard Wagner, Ride of the Valkyries; Jung-Ho Pak/World Youth Symphony Orchestra (2004)
- George Bizet, William Kanengiser (arranger), Carmen Suite; John Wunsch/Interlochen Arts Academy Guitar Ensemble (2004-05 Academy Year)
The archival recordings heard on this program are available thanks in part to The Association for Recorded Sound Collections' Classical Music Preservation Grant, generous support from our listeners, and the Hamer D. and Phyllis C. Shafer Foundation.
Amanda Sewell is the host and executive producer of the program. Monica Yost provided production assistance.