The Interlochen Collection: Interlochen Arts Academy in 2020
This program features performances by Interlochen Arts Academy students from the year 2020.
There's pre-covid performances outside of Michigan, student recitals that happened right before the world shut down and virtual performances from when classes moved completely online.
Music heard in this episode
- Dmitri Shostakovich, Symphony No. 5: IV. Allegro non troppo; Leslie B. Dunner/Interlochen Arts Academy Orchestra (March 2020)
- Ludwig van Beethoven, Piano Sonata No. 21 “Waldstein”: I. Allegro con brio; Richard Gao, piano, student recital (March 2020)
- Marcel Dupre, Prelude and Fugue in G Minor, Op. 7, No. 3; Kat Jolliff, organ, student recital (March 2020)
- Charles Ives, The Unanswered Question; Leslie B. Dunner/Interlochen Arts Academy Orchestra (May 2020, virtual performance)
- Luis Bonfa, Manha de Carnaval; Interlochen Arts Academy Cello Ensemble (fall 2020)
- Alice Gomez, Rainbows: I. Raindrops; Interlochen Arts Academy Percussion Ensemble (fall 2020)
- Valerie Coleman, Umoja; Interlochen Arts Academy Wind Quintet (fall 2020)
- Christoph Willibald Gluck, Orfeo ed Euridice: Trionfi Amore; Interlochen Arts Academy Vocal Arts (fall 2020)
The archival recordings heard on this program are available thanks in part to The Association for Recorded Sound Collections' Classical Music Preservation Grant, support from IPR listeners, and the Hamer D. and Phyllis C. Shafer Foundation.
Michael Culler and Stefan Wiebe provided audio engineering assistance.
Anastasia Scholze provided research and production support.