IPR newsroom wins 5 regional Edward R. Murrow awards
Winners of regional honors automatically advance to the national contest. Those awards are announced in August.
Elusive birds, the Camp Grayling debate, vape searches, wolf management, and a harrowing rescue on Lake Superior: All stories that brought home regional awards for IPR News this week from the Radio Television Digital News Association.
The Edward R. Murrow awards honor the best in broadcast and digital news. IPR competes in the small market division of Region 7, which comprises Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois.
Honors went to IPR in the following categories:
- Excellence in Sound: Thin as a Rail, Dan Wanschura and the Points North team
- Excellence in Writing: Nature vs. National Security, Michael Livingston and the Points North team
- Hard News: Petoskey vape searches, Taylor Wizner
- News Documentary: [Un]Natural Selection: What to do with the 'Big Bad Wolf', Morgan Springer and the Points North team
- Podcast: One More Pass, Dan Wanschura and the Points North team
View the complete list of Region 7 winners here. These honorees will advance to the national competition, with those prizes announced in August.
Congratulations to all, and to our colleagues at WCMU, WKAR and Michigan Radio for their regional honors!