Stateside: Ballot initiative on income tax; businesses push immigration reform; Arab American voters
Today on Stateside, an activist group wants to convince voters to change Michigan’s constitution in order to restructure income taxes. Plus, how environmental issues affecting the Great Lakes region stack up among the Democratic presidential candidates.
Supporters of new ballot initiative argue change to income tax collection would be more fair, grow revenueStateside’s conversation with Eli Isaguirre and Charley Ballard
- Eli Isaguirre, Campaign Manager, Fair Tax Michigan
- Charley Ballard, Professor of Economics at Michigan State University
Facing labor shortages, business groups across the state come together to push for immigration reformStateside’s conversation with Andy Johnston and Steve Tobocman
- Andy Johnston is VP of Government & Corporate Affairs for the Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce
- Steve Tobocman is founder and executive director of Global Detroit
What are presidential candidates’ plans for the Great Lakes, PFAS, and other environmental concerns?Stateside’s conversation with Lisa Wozniak
- Lisa Wozniak is executive director of the Michigan League of Conservation Voters
- Ali Harb, reporter for the Middle East Eye
- Amer Zahr, comedian and commentator
Copyright 2021 Michigan Radio. To see more, visit Michigan Radio.