Welcome to Episode 15 of Show Tunes with Kate Botello! This week: we’ll throw our Irish friends a little St. Patrick’s Day love and throw the rest of our friends a little platonic love. At Intermission, Broadway star Morgan James is currently on tour as a singer-songwriter. She dropped by our studios to talk a bit about her work as a singer, and to tell us a story of some brave and wonderful love from her castmates in the revival of GODSPELL.
Tune in to Classical IPR Sunday nights at 7pm, or listen to all our episodes here!
Click through for this week's playlist, a gorgeous dance routine, and to find out how to make a request or hear your voice on the show!
This week's playlist:
- CAROUSEL (1945) - Overture
- CABARET (1966) - Wilkommen
- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (1994) - Be Our Guest
- THE IRISH, AND HOW THEY GOT THAT WAY (1997) - No Irish Need Apply/The Irish Washerwoman
- LITTLE NELLIE KELLY (1922/1940) - It's a Great Day for the Irish
INTERMISSION - IPR's Dan Wanschura talks to fabulous Morgan James between rehearsal sets. She tells us about her transition from Broadway star to singer/songwriter and tells us a great war story! Plus, we'll hear her sing, "Turn Back, O Man," with the cast of GODSPELL.
- THE WILD PARTY (2000/Lippa) - The Life of the Party
- THE WILD PARTY (2000/LaChiusa) - Best Friend
- MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG (1981) - Hey Old Friend
- SHE LOVES ME (1963) - Grand Knowing You
- WICKED (2003) - For Good
- FIDDLER ON THE ROOF (1964/2004) - Chavaleh (Little Bird)
- CAROUSEL (1945) - Finale
Take a look at the beautiful 'Chavaleh' ballet sequence in the 1971 film of FIDDLER ON THE ROOF!
Did you spend some time on the boards yourself? We'd love to hear your Musical Theatre War Stories - and share them on the air! Tell us about your biggest triumphs, your catastrophic failures, your near-misses and brilliant saves. Call the IPR Comment Line at 231-276-4444 and leave us a message. We'd also love to hear your Show Tune requests so we can play your favorites!