It’s getting harder to find hospitals where women can give birth in Michigan. The number of hospitals with obstetrics care has dropped significantly over the past four decades, and rural areas have been hit the hardest.
NPR News Headlines
- Netflix Increases Subscription Prices As It Churns Out Original Content
- D.C. Judge Tells Furloughed Workers They Must Stay On The Job
- Gunman Who Fatally Shot Chicago's Hadiya Pendleton Sentenced To 84 Years In Prison
- IRS Recalling 46,000 Workers To Handle Tax Returns Despite Partial Shutdown
- Wait Times Normal At Most Airports, TSA Says, As More Agents Call Out Sick
News from Michigan Radio
- Gov. Whitmer launches first "quadrants meeting"
- State Legislature puts auto no-fault insurance changes at top of priority list
- Michigan regulators may allow unlicensed marijuana businesses to reopen
- Whitmer declines to talk GM layoffs; meeting with CEO "in the works"
- Ford and VW forming limited alliance to mitigate future costs