There are renewed calls to kill cormorants in the Great Lakes. There are far fewer of these migratory birds left in the region after years of lethal control. But anglers and some congressmen say there are still too many and they eat too many fish. Conflict with these waterbirds is longstanding in coastal communtities where fishing is important and the birds nest by the hundreds or even thousands. In 2004, there were almost 1,800 double-crested cormorant nests on Goose Island, a strip of land...
NPR News Headlines
- Cannabis Producer Gets $4 Billion Investment From Beer Company
- No Veterans Day Military Parade This Year; DOD Looking At Dates In 2019
- Toddler's Remains That Were Discovered In N.M. Compound Identified As Missing Child
- Walmart And Others Offer Workers Payday Loan Alternative
- Babies Born Dependent On Opioids Need Touch, Not Tech