The Interlochen Collection: Percy Grainger at Interlochen
This episode of the Interlochen Collection features works written, performed by, and conducted by Percy Aldridge Grainger.
From before his time at Interlochen, to during his tenure, and even extending to his work with Edvard Greig’s music, this program covers a selection of works from across Grainger’s career.
Most works are performed by Interlochen students and campers.
Music heard in this episode
- Dorian Mode/Corporon and North Texas commercial recording
- Grainger, Irish Tune from County Derry; Kenneth Snapp/1961 High School Symphonic Band (22 July 1961)
- Grainger, Australian Up-Country Tune; Julie Schleif/Interlochen Arts Academy Brass Ensemble (2006-07)
- Grainger, Lincolnshire Posy; Jerry Junkin/2005 World Youth Wind Symphony (6 August 2005)
- Edvard Grieg, Piano Concerto in A minor: I. Allegro moderato; Per Dreier/Aarus Municipal Orchestra
- Grainger, The Power of Rome and the Christian Heart; Frederick Fennell/Dallas Wind Symphony; Paul Reido, organ
The archival recordings heard on this program are available thanks in part to The Association for Recorded Sound Collections' Classical Music Preservation Grant, support from IPR listeners, and the Hamer D. and Phyllis C. Shafer Foundation.
Michael Culler and Stefan Wiebe provided audio engineering assistance.
Anastasia Scholze provided research and production support.