Today on Stateside, we talk with small business owners about what they're doing to stay afloat and survive the COVID-19 shutdown. Also, a conversation with Ojibwe writer, artist, and activist Lois Beardslee about her latest poetry collection.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
- Dann Boyles is the co-owner of Rebel, a gift shop in Grand Rapids.
- Bugsy Sailor is a Marquette-based photographer and owner of the Upper Peninsula Supply Company.
- Jon Plummer is the co-owner of Moomers Homemade Ice Cream in Traverse City.
The trailblazing woman who helped build Michigan's state parks
- Rachel Clark is the education specialist at Michigan History Center.
Poet Lois Beardslee uses Anishinaabe storytelling tradition to explore issues of modern life
- Lois Beardslee is an Ojibwe writer, artist, activist, and educator in northern Michigan.