Today on Stateside, Congress has approved the massive relief package to aid Americans and businesses during the global COVID-19 pandemic. We talk to Michigan Congressman Dan Kildee about the economic and political lessons we should take away from this crisis. Plus, it's down to the "Final Four" films of our Michigan March Movie Madness contest. Two movie critics discuss which should win the title of the most quintessentially Michigan movie.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
What lessons will we learn from COVID-19 crisis? Rep. Kildee weighs in.
- Democratic Congressman Dan Kildee represents Michigan’s 5th district.
Ann Arbor students share what teenage life is like in social isolation
- Michigan Radio been keeping up with students from Community High School in Ann Arbor since schools closed down because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Rachel Ishikawa produced this audio postcard of student voices.
Why Jimmy Hoffa’s disappearance is still a part of Michigan culture more than 40 years later
- Scott Burnstein is an author and expert on organized crime in America.
- Greg Stejskal served as an FBI agent for 31 years and retired as resident agent in charge of the Ann Arbor field office.
Michigan March Movie Madness: It’s down to the championship match-up.
- Corey Hall is a writer and comedian whose work can be found in the Detroit Metro Times and on WDET.
- Andrea Riley is a writer and video editor whose work can be found on The Movie Sleuth site.
Cheers! Improvise and make a drink at home with what you've got
- Lester Graham is a reporter at Michigan Radio and co-author of Cheers to Michigan: A Celebration of Cocktail Culture and Craft Distillers.
- Tammy Coxen is a mixologist and Graham's co-author.