Today on Stateside, Governor Gretchen Whitmer has been vocal about her decision to only reopen schools if public health officials agree it is safe.
What are the discussions happening between the Governor and the Republican led legislature regarding schools and education funding? Plus a conversation with former Detroit Institute of Arts and Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit employees about systemic racism in art institutions. Also, we spoke with the reporter who wrote about University of Michigan football star Jon Vaughn’s story of survival in “an ecosystem of abuse.”
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Gov. Whitmer and GOP leaders in Lansing debate the data when it comes to reopening schools this fall
- Craig Mauger is a reporter with Detroit News.
- Tizziana Baldenbro is a curator and writer former Ford Curatorial Fellow at MOCAD
- Maceo Keeling is a multidisciplinary artist, designer, and a former Ford Curatorial Fellow at MOCAD
- Andrea Montiel de Shuman is a former digital experience designer formerly at the DIA
Former U of M football star tells The Undefeated about coming to terms with sexual abuse in the program that made him a "Michigan Man"
- Justin Tinsley is a reporter for the website The Undefeated
Read Tinsley's profile of Jon Vaughn here.