Today on Stateside, we check in on Michigan’s farm scene and see how food producers are doing amid the pandemic. Plus, how the state unemployment office is handling a huge surge in the number of people applying for benefits.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
As more than 1 million Michiganders file claims, state unemployment office struggles to keep up
- Zach Gorchow is the executive editor and publisher of Gongwer Michigan.
Who gets left out in first round of stimulus checks?
- Terri Friedline is associate professor of social work at the University of Michigan.
Still recovering from a rough year, Michigan farmers face new challenges from COVID-19
- Ernie Birchmeier is the Michigan Farm Bureau’s Manager of Commodity, Farm, and Industry Relations.
- Annie Link is a partner at Swiss Lane Farms in Kent County.
- Dustin Walsh is a reporter for Crain's Detroit Business.