Welcome to Episode 20 of Show Tunes with Kate Botello - and Happy Halloween! We highlight the spooky and the kooky of Broadway and beyond. At Intermission: Worst show ever, or best show ever? When it comes to DANCE OF THE VAMPIRES, Natalie Douglas isn't quite sure.
Click through for this week's playlist!
Here's this week's playlist:
- PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (1986) - Prologue/Overture
- SWEENEY TODD (1979) - Prelude/Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
- THE ADDAMS FAMILY (2010) - In the Arms
- LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS (1982) - Feed Me (Git It)
INTERMISSION: Natalie Douglas rhapsodizes about DANCE OF THE VAMPIRES (2002). It was a huge hit in Germany, but on Broadway...not so much.
- EVIL DEAD, THE MUSICAL (2006) - Evil Puns/Bit Part Demon
- DRACULA, THE MUSICAL (2004) - The Master's Song
- FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL (2008) - Dracula's Lament
- YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN (2007) - Life, Life
- DR. HORRIBLE'S SING-ALONG BLOG (2008) - Freeze Ray
- BAT BOY, THE MUSICAL (2001) - Apology to a Cow
EPILOGUE: EVIL DEAD, THE MUSICAL - Evil Trees. Ash's little sister Cheryl hears voices calling her from the depths of the dark forest.
Here's Neil Patrick Harris as an adorable mad scientist in DR. HORRIBLE'S SING-ALONG BLOG:
Did you spend some time on the boards yourself? We'd love to hear your Musical Theatre War Stories - and share them on the air! Tell us about your biggest triumphs, your catastrophic failures, your near-misses and brilliant saves. Call the IPR Comment Line at 231-276-4444 and leave us a message. We'd also love to hear your Show Tune requests so we can play your favorites!