Coming up: two works by writer, director and performer Melvin Van Peebles. And - what happens when Chekhov’s gun explodes? Our friend Joe Levesque will tell us at Intermission. In Act Two, big-selling boots, successful psychos, and..nuns? Sure, why not.
Click through for this week's playlist!
Here's this week's playlist:
- DAMN YANKEES (1955) - Overture/Six Months of Every Year
- AIN'T SUPPOSED TO DIE A NATURAL DEATH (1971) - Just Don't Make No Sense
- DON'T PLAY US CHEAP (1972) - You Cut Up the Clothes in the Closet of My Dreams
- GREASE (1972) - It's Raining on Prom Night
- CAMELOT (1962) - The Lusty Month of May
INTERMISSION - Joe Levesque and the Tale of Chekhov's Gun! Plus: ANNIE GET YOUR GUN - You Can't Get a Man With a Gun
- KINKY BOOTS (2013) - What a Woman Wants
- AMERICAN PSYCHO (2016) - Morning Routine
- THE SOUND OF MUSIC (1959) - Maria
- NUNSENSE (1986) - So You Want to be a Nun?
- MY FAIR LADY (1956) - I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face
- DAMN YANKEES (1955) - Finale
By the way, in case you'd like to watch the whole thing - here's the Ariana Grande SOUND OF MUSIC sketch from Saturday Night Live, featuring Ms. Grande as a very sassy Maria:
Did you spend some time on the boards yourself? We'd love to hear your Musical Theatre War Stories - and share them on the air! Tell us about your biggest triumphs, your catastrophic failures, your near-misses and brilliant saves. Call the IPR Comment Line at 231-276-4444 and leave us a message. We'd also love to hear your Show Tune requests so we can play your favorites!