Welcome to Episode 14 of Show Tunes with Kate Botello! Coming up on the show - songs for scurvy pirates and corporate sharks and hits from Broadway Blockbusters. At Intermission, our friend Mary Jo West explains why love songs and Dr. Pepper don’t mix.
Click through to see this week's playlist and find out how to hear your voice on the show!
Here's this week's playlist:
- ON THE TOWN (1944) - Overture
- PETER PAN (1954) - The Pirate Song; Hook's Tango
- THE PIRATE QUEEN (2007) - The Pirate Queen
- THE PIRATES OF PENZANCE (1879/1981) - When the Foeman Bares His Steel
- ANYTHING GOES (1934) - There's No Cure Like Travel
- SAIL AWAY (1961) - Why Do the Wrong People Travel?
INTERMISSION - A War Story from our friend Mary Jo West, and LIL'ABNER, Namely You
- HAMILTON (2015) - The Story of Tonight
- MATILDA (2013) - Naughty
- URINETOWN (2001) - Don't Be the Bunny
- LEGALLY BLONDE (2007) - Blood in the Water
- HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING (1961/1995) - The Brotherhood of Man
- ON THE TOWN (1944) - Exit Music
Here's a clip of the 1983 movie version of Joseph Papp's production of PIRATES OF PENZANCE. Watch to see Graciela Daniele's brilliant choreography!
Did you spend some time on the boards yourself? We'd love to hear your Musical Theatre War Stories - and share them on the air! Tell us about your biggest triumphs, your catastrophic failures, your near-misses and brilliant saves. Call the IPR Comment Line at 231-276-4444 and leave us a message. We'd also love to hear your Show Tune requests so we can play your favorites!