IPR News is committed to bringing you the latest coverage on the Coronavirus pandemic. This page is a primary resource of services and organziations that can offer medical care and advice, food assistance, bill pay assistance, housing and loans for small businesses.
If your organziation is not listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 231-276-4403. Important Updates and Definitions:
- Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer's Extension of the Stay Home Stay Save Executive Order on May 7, 2020
- Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer's Extension of the Stay Home Stay Safe Executive Order on April 24, 2020
- Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer's Stay Home Stay Safe Executive Order on April 9, 2020 which is a temporary requirement to suspend activities that are not necessary to sustain or protect life.
Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order on March 23, 2020, in which only “essential services” are to remain active.
All of Governor Whitmer’s COVID19-related executive orders
- Federal descriptions of what “essential critical workforce” means
RESOURCES FOR THE LATEST UPDATES.
- Center for Disease Control
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Munson Medical Center
- McLaren Medical Center
- Johns Hopkins University Interactive Dashboard
- World Health Organziation
- Grand Traverse County Covid-19 Community Updates
SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAMS (meal delivery schedule, pick times, locations)
Click here to see all schools listed in the Traverse Bay Intermediate School District
AGENCY/NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION NEEDS
GRAND TRAVERSE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION (https://www.gtrcf.org/):
Are you a nonprofit, governmental, or educational entity in need of support? APPLY HERE to request funding.
View Non-Profits in Need: https://www.gtrcf.org/give/local-nonprofit-needs.html
VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME
SMALL BUSINESS AND NON PROFIT ASSISTANCE
PLACES TO GO OUTSIDE
RESOURCES BY COUNTY Please be aware that regional resources are subject to change.
GRAND TRAVERSE COUNTY Housing and Multiples Needs
- Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency: 231-947-3780
- Women's Resource Center: 231-941-1210
- Salvation Army: 1239 Barlow St. 231-946-4644; Food Pantry Mon- Friday, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Prepared food baskets will be distributed.
- The United Way
- Mutual Aid of Northwest Michigan
- St. Vincent de Paul: 231-947-8466
- Love Thy Neighbor: 231-941-5683 (10 a.m. to 2 p.m. M- Th)
- Father Fred Foundation - 231-947-2055 ext 118.Guests will need to call on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and on Wednesdsay from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. to access services. Guests will not be allowed to enter the facility. Intake will be done the telephone. Items will be distributed based on household size .
- The Northwest Food Coalition 231-941-5683 - location for meal pick up sites, food pantries and baby pantries
- Christ Church, 430 Fair St., 231-946-9451, Mon, Wed, Fri 11 am - 1 pm
- Grace Episcopal, 341 Washington St, 231-947-2330, Mon/Fri, 12 :00 pm - 2:00 pm, Call between 9:00 and 11:30 am
- St. Patrick Church 630 West Silver Lake Rd. 231-943 - 4633, Tues/Thurs, 12:30 - 2:30, Call ahead
- Trinity Lutheran Church, 1003 S. Maple St. 231-946-4633, Tues-Fri, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, Call ahead
- Northwest Michigan Health Services: 231-947-0351
- Traverse Health Clinic: 231-935-0799
- Grand Traverse Health Department: 231-995-6111
- Munson Medical Center Emergency: 231-935-5000
Mental Health Needs:
- Northern Lakes Community Mental Health Authority - 1-833-295-0616 (Mobile Mental Health Crisis
Response for Children)
- Munson Medical Center Emergency 231-935-5000
- Northern Michigan Community Mental Health - 24 hour crisi line 833-295-0616
Traverse City Restaurant Information
- Northwest Michigan Health Services - 231.383-4800
- Benzie Area Christian Neighbors: 231-882-9954
- Grow Benzie - Drive-in Seed Swap - March 17, 2019 - 231-882-9510
- Lake Ann United Methodist Church - Food Pantry Open, DRIVE UP ONLY Mon - Thur 9:00 am - 12:00 noon, Wed. 4:30- 6:30 pm. Pull into back parking lot, someone will come out and bring you food. 231-275-7236
- Benzie County Mutual Aid Master Resource Link
- Manna Food Project - 231-675-5715
Hours are Tuesday from 9 am - noon. and 2nd and 4th Thursdays from 3 - 6 pm. Emergency food boxes are also available 24/7
- Northwest Community Action Agency: 231-347-9070
- Cheyboygan, Emmet and Charlevoix County Community Resource Document
- Christ Child Society fo Northern Michigan Diaper Pantry - Free Diapers for families in need, First and Third Friday of every month, 9:30-11:00 am. 8781 McBride Park Court, Harbor Springs
- Leelanau Christan Neighbors: 231-994-2271
- Leelanau County Restaurant Info
- Pop up Grocery Store at Village Inn, 11601 South LaCore St, Empire 231-326-5101
Northwest Community Action Agency: 231-775-9781
Neighborhood Check in
A one-page printable letter to help neighbors check in with neighbors without having to break physical distancing.
Michigan resident are urged to report an violation of the Consumer Protection Act online or by calling 877-765-8388.