Classical IPR and Horizon Books are co-hosting another classical music open mic event! Join us Sunday, June 23 at 2 p.m. on the River Level (downstairs) of the Traverse City Horizon Books location.
Classical IPR’s Amanda Sewell will emcee the event, and other IPR staff will be on hand, too. It’s a great opportunity to hear some classical music performed by your friends and neighbors in a relaxed atmosphere.
If you or someone you know would like to perform during the open mic event, please sign up in advance by sending an email to email@example.com or calling (231) 276-4403 during regular business hours. When you contact us, please give us the performers’ names and instruments as well as what piece they’re going to play.
A few guidelines for those who want to perform:
- Horizon has an upright piano that has recently been tuned.
- IPR will bring music stands and a few chairs.
- Important: due to copyright restrictions, any music performed during this event must be in the public domain or a completely original composition.
--Music in the public domain was published in 1923 or earlier.
--If you’re not sure if the music is in the public domain, feel free to ask us!
--A good rule of thumb: if the score is available through IMSLP or other online sources, it’s probably in the public domain.
- Everyone of every skill level is invited to perform!
- Please keep all selections under ten minutes in length to allow as many people as possible to have the chance to perform.
The classical open mic event is free and open to the public. We hope to see you there!