Music Spotlight 3 was originally an online concert presented by Interlochen Arts Academy music students this fall.
On Classical IPR in Concert this week, we'll share their performances!
The program features brass ensembles, mixed chamber and more.
Due to COVID-19, a creative approach is necessary for artists to find ways to make music together safely - and our young artists rose to the challenge!
All our performances were in safe, socially-distanced settings.
Recordings in this broadcast were engineered by Michael Culler.
Tune in to Classical IPR Friday night at 8 p.m., Sunday at noon, or any time at the link below.
Music featured in this program:
- La Peri Fanfare/Dukas: Leslie Dunner with IAA Brass Ensemble
- F Major Divertimento/Mozart: Ara Sarkissian with IAA String Orchestra
- Una Voce Poco Fa/Rossini: Catherina Carrington (Jeff Norris, faculty)
- Carnival of the Animals/Saint-Saens: Leslie Dunner with IAA Mixed Chamber Ensemble. Kate Botello, reader.
- Mladi/Janacek: Bryan Conger with IAA Wind Sextet
- Prelude and Danse/Tournier: Elizabeth Johnson (Joan Holland, faculty)
- Arrival of the Queen of Sheba/Handel: Leslie Dunner with IAA Mixed Chamber Ensemble
- Aquarela do Brasil/Barroso: Patrick Own with IAA Cello Choir