Welcome to another Singalong Soiree on Classical IPR! This time, we've pulled together a collection of popular showtunes for you to show off your pipes!
Many of our songs come from IPR's Vinyl Vault, which contains original vinyl pressings of many classic Tony-nominated musicals, but we've got a couple of recent hits, too.
SHOWTUNES IN THE SOIREE
- Surrey with the Fringe on Top/OKLAHOMA
- Wouldn't it be Loverly/MY FAIR LADY
- Brush Up Your Shakespeare/KISS ME KATE
- If Ever I Would Leave You/CAMELOT
- Ya Got Trouble/THE MUSIC MAN
- The Schuyler Sisters/HAMILTON
- Maybe this Time/CABARET
- Oklahoma!/OKLAHOMA (Plus bonus snippet from "The Alto's Lament" by Marcy Heisler and Zina Goldrich)
- Anything You Can Do/ANNIE GET YOUR GUN
- Don't Cry for Me Argentina/EVITA
- Music of the Night/PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
- Cell Block Tango/CHICAGO
- Don't Rain on My Parade/FUNNY GIRL
- One/A CHORUS LINE
- You're the One That I Want/GREASE
- Defying Gravity/WICKED
- To Dream the Impossible Dream/MAN OF LA MANCHA
- Home/THE WIZ
As usual, we've included a recipe for a snack and a drink to go with our Soiree. Our theme is "Musical Theatre Cast Party" - so here are a couple of simple recommendations for snacking and sipping:
PIGS IN A BLANKET FOR HUNGRY ACTORS
- Mini pre-cooked sausages
- Tube of crescent roll dough (the type that pops open in a startling way when you press on it with a spoon)
Cut the crescent roll triangles in half. Wrap mini-sausage in each triangle. Place on foil on cookie sheet, bake according to manufacturer's directions for crescent rolls. Repeat all night - they go fast!
JUNGLE JUICE - VERY PRETTY BUT FULL OF HIDDEN DANGERS
- Jug of tropical fruit punch (optional - something fancy, like guava, papaya or mango)
- Tail ends of whatever half-drunk bottles of alcohol you have lying around
- Tail ends of whatever half-drunk bottles of alcohol your friends bring with them
- Fruit garnish, if you want to be cute
Mix all ingredients in large punch receptacle. Add fruit juice throughout the night to offset the increasing amount of alcohol that others pour into the punch bowl on arrival. Proceed with caution.