This week on Points North , local governments across Michigan aren't letting recreational marijuana businesses open in city limits. But residents in one village Up North are trying to overrule their local government's decision – something that could set a precedent statewide. Plus, a look at one northern Michigan tribe’s maple sugaring operation.
NPR News Headlines
- Cellist Yo-Yo Ma Plays Bach In Shadow Of Border Crossing
- Former 'Ebony' Publisher Declares Bankruptcy, And An Era Ends
- Can This Breakfast Cereal Help Save The Planet?
- Supporters Sue To Open Safe Injection Site In Philadelphia, Citing Religious Freedom
- In Colombia's Coca Heartland, Photos And Drawings Show Life Between War And Peace
News from Michigan Radio
- Howes: Ford finally gains back some respect
- Keeping It Civil: How To Talk Politics Without Letting Things Turn Ugly
- Stateside: Survivors speak out at MSU Board meeting; Detroit’s gargoyles; Maumee River pollution
- Measles case confirmed in Washtenaw County (for real this time)
- 'Unprecedented' small-town fight over legal weed