Welcome to Episode 19 of Show Tunes with Kate Botello! Coming up - it’s a mixed bag! We shopped the shelves of our record collection and pulled material that looks interesting but hasn’t made it onto the show yet. We found some real gems!
Click through for this week's playlist and a clip of the delightful Tommy Tune in action.
Here's this week's playlist:
- CANADA'S WONDERLAND - THE BEST OF BROADWAY (1983) - Overture (The Best of Broadway)
- BARBRA STREISAND - THE BROADWAY ALBUM (1985) - Putting it Together (from SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE)
- PINS AND NEEDLES (1962) - Sing Me a Song With Social Significance
- OKLAHOMA (1943) - Many a New Day (Studio/Touring Cast)
- FIORELLO! (1959) - Politics and Poker
INTERMISSION: Crazy hijinks abound in, "On a Sunday by the Sea/The Bathing Beauty Ballet," from the Tony-winning 1989 revue JEROME ROBBINS' BROADWAY.
- FINDING NEVERLAND (2015) - Circus of Your Mind
- LITTLE ME (1963) - I Love You
- THE ROAR OF THE GREASEPAINT, THE SMELL OF THE CROWD (1965) - Where Would You Be Without Me?
- SEESAW (1973) - It's Not Where You Start
- ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN SEE FOREVER (1965) - Finale
Tommy Tune's charming and long-legged grace is riveting in this clip of, "It's Not Where You Start But Where You Finish." This number has everything (balloons and stairs and a tiny lady dancing en pointe next to a lanky Tune - everything.)
Did you spend some time on the boards yourself? We'd love to hear your Musical Theatre War Stories - and share them on the air! Tell us about your biggest triumphs, your catastrophic failures, your near-misses and brilliant saves. Call the IPR Comment Line at 231-276-4444 and leave us a message. We'd also love to hear your Show Tune requests so we can play your favorites!